WIPS




These were a few sketches that I did to get the idea for the covers. I dont care to much about the design of the character details at this point but focus on composition and story. I try to work out these first to get a solid base for the painting. I dont want to get all bogged down trying to get the face perfect or the weapons right but then fight the painting later because nothing is working. In the past I had a tendency to zoom in to much and focus on things that did not matter at the time and loose out on an over all feel to my paintings. It made my work look rather stiff and boring, so I am trying to loosen up and take it all in and work out the whole image and not just parts at a time. I am learning lots because there is so much to learn. Good times !

Peace
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment